Posted on July 14, 2012
- 2-3 large ears of corn husked
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups of diced, peeled potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% milk
- Cut corn off the cob; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the potatoes, water, bouillon, thyme, pepper and corn. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Enjoy! Yield: 7 servings.