In addition to being a traditional and wonderful accompaniment to Indian food, this organic cucumber raita is a good way to enhance plain poultry, seafood, baked potatoes and vegetables.
It is also cooling with spicy dishes; it would be refreshing on hot Mexican food without the mint. Try it with leftover beef or lamb on a sandwich, or use it as a dip for crudité. It has endless uses – be creative!
Makes 4-6 Servings
• 1 cucumber, peeled
• 1 cup yogurt
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
• 1 tablespoon canned, diced chilies
• 1 teaspoon lemon zest
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
• Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and remove the seeds by running a small spoon through the middle.
• Grate the flesh, then drain it for 30 minutes, upside down on a towel.
• Combine the cucumber with the remaining ingredients.
HERE NOW!: BERRY BASKETS FOR JUST $5.00 EACH!
Seasons are staring earlier and earlier for so many fruits this year. As normal we will be providing berry baskets at just $5.00 throughout the spring & summer until supply falls off. Let us know if you would like to pre-order today (email email@example.com).
Stay Inspired with Recipes and More!
Like us on Facebook or follow us on Pinterest
We post regularly on both Facebook & Pinterest. Like us now to keep up to date with our latest recipes which give you ways to use items in your mixture each week. We also provide loads of other helpful hints & information so what are you waiting for. See you soon!
The roasted organic asparagus recipe is by Betty’s Organics friend and customer Terri Pischoff Wuerthner, a Sonoma County food writer specializing in recipe development and testing – www.terris-kitchen.com